This website is supported by users. I sometimes earn a small percentage of the purchases you make through the affiliate links here.
One kitchen gadget that has, no exaggeration, been a complete life saver is my air fryer. It ticks so many boxes for my ND brain. I can set it and forget it. It’s easy to clean. And it beeps very loudly when it’s done its job.
An easy snack or side dish that I come back to often is fresh green beans. I say fresh because, in my opinion, they hold up better than canned or frozen, and they are prettier because they’re longer.
For those who follow the diets, these are whole30, keto, and paleo friendly. I (woefully) replaced french fries with these when I had gestational diabetes. Dipped them in whipped ricotta. It was not as satisfying, but it was markedly better than the nothing I’d otherwise have.
Basically, you clean your green beans. Toss them in oil. Add your seasoning. And throw them in the air fryer. Seven minutes later, you have a wholesome side dish to pair with whatever protein you have. Or maybe just a snack to tide you over until you can get a full meal in yourself.
This recipe is, as always, merely a suggestion. This is what I do when I make my air fried green beans. You should customize it how you see fit. Some successful customizations for me have been:
- adding lemon pepper after they come out the air fryer
- adding a touch more oil and tossing with sprinklable* parmesan/romano while still hot
- using a seasoned salt instead of smoked salt
- dipping in whipped ricotta
So definitely play around and find your own way to enjoy these.
*sprinklable is a word. Prescriptivists won’t agree, and that’s their right. They wrong though.
Air Fryer Fresh Green Beans
- 6 quart air fryer
- large preparation bowl
- tongs optional
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp oil avocado or olive oils work best
- salt to taste
- Wash the green beans in cold water
- Snip the ends
- Wash again in cold water with a splash of vinegar
- Add oil and toss
- Add salt and toss
- Pour green beans into the air fryer
- Cook at 380oF (193oC) for 7 minutes
- Plate the green beans
- Add water to the air fryer basket and a splash of dish soap
- Cook the air fryer basket on 370oF (193oC) for 15 minutes
- Eat and enjoy your green beans while the basket cleans
- When you've eaten, remove the basket from the air fryer and dump the water
- Quick scrub any stubborn bits in the basket
- Clean your plate and fork (if you used them)
- Put everything in the dry rack for next meal