Links on this page are affiliate links. That simply means when you make a purchase via the link, someone will send me a pittance. They won’t charge you anything more than what they were already going to charge you. Making purchases via these links help me continue to create content for y’all. Thank you.
So, coffee is not autoimmune protocol compliant.
Yeah. I know. Me too, bud.
BUT I have found a decent sub! You just need an electric kettle (or a pot and a stove), a French press, a ball whisk (or a fork)… chicory, roasted dandelion root, and spices. I use ginger, cinnamon, and cloves (whole or ground). Sometimes turmeric. Date syrup to sweeten. And coconut cream or coconut milk powder for creamer.
It does NOT taste like coffee. But it also does not leave a coffee scent on your breath. It also does not have caffeine. I also feel like it does not stain your teeth.
At any rate, if you are not ready to commit to buying all the fixins and brewing your own AIP coffee, you can get ready mixed from Sip Herbals. They season it for you AND they give my readers a lil bit off with the coupon code i2TK!
If you try this recipe (or Sip Herbals’ ready mixed), let me know if it filled your coffee void.
Love you! Bye
- electric kettle (optional)
- French press
- small whisk (optional)
- 2 cups water
- ½ tablespoon chicory
- ½ tablespoon dandelion root
- ½ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or vibes
- 1 teaspoon ginger or vibes, but approximately equal to the cinnamon
- 2 cloves or 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- date syrup or honey to taste
- 2 scoops coconut milk powder
- Start the water to boil.
- Add ½ tablespoon chicory, ½ tablespoon dandelion root, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 2 cloves (or ½ teaspoon ground clove) to the French press.
- Pour boiling water over the mixture and close the French press.
- Prepare your coffee mug with the date syrup and coconut milk powder.
- Let the mix brew for at least 3 minutes. The longer you brew, the stronger the flavors will be.
- Pour the brew into the mug.
- Whisk the mix to dissolve the date syrup and coconut milk powder.